Monday, August 12, 2019

Skagit County Fair 2019!

I was on vacation during the Skagit County Fair this year, so my friend (and excellent quilter) Dianne Lowe entered my pieces and delivered them back to me!

I entered:

"Skagit Valley Honeybees" from a pattern by Elizabeth Hartman.  I used a blue-gray background fabric to represent the perennial gray skies of the Skagit Valley!  We have an active beekeeper's association group and I appreciate all they do to keep bees safe and buzzing.  Blue ribbon.


"Scrap Basket Cats" from a pattern by Kathy Love.  This was a UFO for me and I am so glad I completed it this year!  The original pattern uses four kitties - I wanted nine!  Red ribbon. But no photo of the ribbon...

Here's a secret:  I inked in the eyes and nose with a fabric marker.  No satin stitch for me!


"Christmas Angel Table Runner" from a pattern by Letitia Hutchings.  I had some Russian reproduction fabric that I had been hoarding, and got it out for this special runner.  It is always fun to use different threads for the different sections.  Table runners are a great place to experiment with threads!  Blue ribbon and Best of Class.

Oops, forgot to take a photo of the whole runner with the binding on...



Enter quilts in your local fair!  It's fun and you get good feedback from the judge.  And volunteer to help for a few hours or a day.  It's a great experience.  I usually do it but this year I was out of the country...

And THANKS to my friend, David Bricka, for the photos of the ribbons. 





No comments:

Post a Comment