Thursday, November 30, 2017

Quick binding tip!

When doing the "machine step" to apply binding, I almost never use a walking foot.  Even though there are lots of layers!

To make the quilt slip easier under my quarter inch foot, I bump up the stitch length.  For example, my machine's default stitch length, and the one I use for most piecing, is 2.5.  When applying binding, I go up to 3.0.  What a difference!  So much easier to do.  And I have bound HUNDREDS of quilts like this. 

So try it!  3.0 is a comfortable stitch length for your machine and still keeps the binding nice and secure.  


Photo shows machine step for applying
binding with a half-inch finish!


Look for this tip and others in my book, "Binding Your Best" - Easymade Publications.  See sidebar.


No comments:

Post a Comment